The Indian Air Force(IAF) is celebrating its 86th anniversary every year on 8 October. The day it commemorates the official foundation day of the IAF. At 86th-anniversary celebration IAF showcasing its fighting powers and flying power. A grand parade comes investiture ceremony was held at the Airforce station at Hindon in Uttar Pradesh. it was followed by in a display and acrobatics by various aircraft including Jaguar, Bison, Mig 29, Mirage 2000 etc.
Indian Air Force Celebration Day 2018
In a first, a vintage Dakota aircraft that serve the Air Force for over 40 years was on display. The Dakota dc3 craft of 1940 was used in 1988.it was one of the most versatile transports of its time. Air Chief Marshal Birender Singh Dhanoa address the audience and he asserted that the Indian Air Force is prepared to meet any contingency. He also said the induction of 36 Rafel aircraft and S-400 missile systems will enhance capabilities of Indian Air Force. He called the duty of the air force personnel to remain combat worthy and maintain combat systems operational for any contingency at a short notice.
The India Air force (IAF) was officially established on 8th October 1932. Since it has carried out too many operations in the defence of the nation. it has been no less effective in carrying out relief operations as well. Read here about a few crucial operations by the IAF.
Best Fighter Planes/Jets Of Indian Air Force
|S.N||Indian Air Force Fighter Jets Name||Specialities|
|2||SU – 30 MKI||
Best Helicopter Of Indian Air Force
|S.N||Indian Air Force Helicopter Name||Specialities|
Indian Air Force Success Stories
- 1947 War with Pakistan Pakistan defeated in its very first battlefield engagement.
- 1961 Liberation of Goa, Daman and Diu from the Portuguese (Operation Vijay): Ended 450 years of Portuguese rule in Goa, Diu and Daman.
- 1965 War with Pakistan: IAF’s 28 combat squadrons saw some of the fiercest engagements in the air against the Pakistan Air Force.
- 1971 Bangladesh Liberation War: Revealed true air-air combat capabilities of the MiG-21.
- 1984 Operation Meghdoot: Siachen glacier captured.
- 1999 Kargil War (Operation Safed Sagar): Mirage 2000 aircraft at 32,000 carried out surgical operations to assist ground troops.
Indian Air Force In Relief Work
- 2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami: IAF mounted relief within an hour of a tsunami hitting Sumatra, Indonesia.
- 2005 Kashmir Earthquake: IAF sent tonnes of relief materials including army medicines, blankets, and food packets.
- 2008 Cyclone Nargis: IAF transported over 100 tonnes of material, rescued many in Myanmar.
- 2013 Uttarakhand Floods (Operation Rahat): IAF provided food and medicines and airlifted 20,000 people.
- 2015 Nepal Earthquake (Operation Maitri): Relief operation in Nepal in the aftermath of the earthquake.
- Operation Sankat Mochan (2016): Operation to evacuate Indian Citizens and other foreign nationals from South Sudan during the Civil War.
- Operation Insaniyat (2017): Humanitarian assistance to supply relief to Bangladesh for migrant Rohingya Muslims.
- In this year, IAF played a vital role in rescue people in flood-battered Kerala.